Saturday, March 6, 2010

What's it all about???

I've been trying to decide what I want this blog to be and I still have not come to a conclusion. I don't have lofty thoughts so that's not the direction I'll take. I have never enjoyed journaling. Tried it back when I was a kid and someone gave me a diary. My compulsive side pushed me to write something in the diary every day. The problem was I didn't have anything to say every day. Writing in the diary went by the wayside quickly. Taking a clue from other bloggers I've read recently, I have decided that it is OK to not publish something every day. Using that as a basis, my posts will be sporadic, I suppose. Whenever I have something I want to say.

OK. Enough of that. For the last couple of days, I have been working on a quilting project. Don't know what I'll do with it if I ever finish it. Applique is relaxing to me, so I am appliqueing "whirligig" shapes onto a background fabric. The kicker is the "blades" of the whirligig are all different bright...and I do mean bright...colors and the background fabric is bright, too. I'm trying to use up fabrics that I got when I belonged to a FQ-of-the-month club from a fabric store. These are colors that I would not normally work with so it will be interesting to see what this becomes. My plan is to set the blocks together with white fabric. As soon as I get a block or two finished, I'll post a photo so maybe somebody can give me feedback.

So, that's it for now. Back to my applique project. I hope everyone enjoys the beautiful spring weather we've had for the past couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment